How to Make The Best Tuna Casserole | The Stay At Home Chef
More Great Dinner Ideas: https://goo.gl/gBENfy
__________↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ ______________
This cheesy Tuna Casserole has a made-from-scratch sauce and a crunchy parmesan topping that puts this classic recipe over the top. Your family will love this version!
What is tuna casserole topped with?
Tuna casserole is generally topped with a crispy topping. Popular toppings include a bread crumb mixture, cornflakes, crushed potato chips, or canned fried onions.
What kind of tuna is best?
There are generally two kinds of tuna that you can purchase in the canned goods section at your supermarket: Solid white albacore and skipjack/light tuna. Solid white albacore is more expensive and has a much less “fishy” taste. It has three times the amount of omega-3 fatty acids. Unfortunately, it also has three times the amount of mercury, so consumption should be limited to once per week.
1 pound egg noodles
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 cups frozen peas
2 (6 ounce cans) solid white albacore tuna
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13 pan. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain and add pasta to prepared pan.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add in onion and saute 5 to 7 minutes, until softened. Stir in garlic and flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
3. Once mixture has thickened, stir in peas, and tuna. Pour over pasta in the 9×13 pan. Add in cheddar cheese and toss to coat.
4. In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together bread crumbs, parmesan, and olive oil. Sprinkle over the pasta.
5. Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, until bread crumbs are lightly browned. Serve hot.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to push “LIKE,” leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
PRINTABLE RECIPE: https://thestayathomechef.com/tuna-casserole/
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: http://youtube.com/thestayhomechef
FACEBOOK: The Stay At Home Chef
PINTEREST: The Stay At Home Chef
CONTACT ME: email@example.com
The Stay At Home Chef offers restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. If you want to become a better cook, learn how to cook, or just need dinner ideas for your family, this channel is for you. We’re taking really good recipes and making them easy recipes that you can make at home in your own kitchen. Cooking, baking, how to, all things food, and more!
MORE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY:
How to Make The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake: https://goo.gl/2waAay
How to Make The Most Amazing White Cake: https://goo.gl/B4Lk4y
How to Make The Most Amazing Lasagna: https://goo.gl/TreySb
How to Make The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls: https://goo.gl/ETQguR
How to Make Authentic Carne Asada: https://goo.gl/ZrXKkg
How to Cook a Thick Cut Pork Chop: https://goo.gl/PWWV5h